There is currently no upcoming training at the moment – please sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear about new free sessions.
The Bristol Time to Change Hub frequently runs free training sessions for registered Time to Change Community Champions. Being a champion is a flexible and voluntary commitment. You can do what you have time for, and what you’re comfortable doing. Once you’ve become a champion, you’ll have access to Time to Change’s campaign portal and free training. Interested? Click here.
Below are the details of popular training sessions that we have previously run.
Social Contact Training
The aim of this workshop is to develop participants’ skills, knowledge, understanding and confidence in opening up a conversation in everyday life to improve negative attitudes surrounding mental health. After completing this training you should be able to:
- Explain what social contact is and how to start conversations with others in everyday life
- Explain what lived experience is
- Challenge stereotypes and negative attitudes to mental health
- Use different ways to end conversations and to ask for help if necessary
- Use relevant resources on the Time To Change website
- Establish your own personal boundaries when having conversations
To book onto this training session, please register via the Eventbrite page here.
Speaking Out Training
Aim of training course: To build the confidence and skills of Time to Change Champions to speak out to an audience about mental health, including their own experience of mental health problems, and why we need to continue to challenge stigma. At the end of the course you will:
- Have prepared an outline of what to include about your personal experience when speaking at events about mental health and stigma
- Have identified some strengths as a public speaker
- Explored ways you can best prepare and protect yourself when speaking out about mental health stigma