On this page, we will list the current opportunities for involvement.
Become an evaluator for IAPT procurement
BIMHN are looking for lived experience evaluators to contribute to the evaluation process of bids for the new IAPT service. This is the next stage of BIMHN’s involvement with the re-commissioning process. The evaluation process is anticipated to run from November 2018 to January 2019.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Sunday 28th October 2018. For more information, please visit our recent news post.
Work to improve overnight psychiatric liaison in emergency departments (A&E)
The Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (BNSSG CCG) are currently in the process of working with existing providers to implement a “Core 24” model that aims to provide better joined up care for people who have ended up visiting an emergency department (A&E) seeking mental health support.
If you are interested in contributing, and have attempted to access support in an emergency department in the last twelve months, please email us.
Future meeting dates are below:
- Thursday 18th October, 13:00 – 14:30 (Central Bristol – location TBC);
- Friday 9th November,13:00 – 14:30 (Central Bristol – location TBC);
- Wednesday 28th November, 13:00 – 14:30 (Central Bristol – location TBC).
Please note remaining spaces will be offered on a first come first served basis.
Become a Time to Change Champion and apply for the Champion’s Fund!
Time to Change Bristol has launched its Champions Fund – a £10,000 pot of money to help residents with personal experience challenge mental health stigma where they live. The fund is a rolling fund, so applications can be made at any time. For more information, check out BIMHN’s Time to Change page.
Become a Trustee for the Independent Mental Health Network!
The Independent Mental Health Network (IMHN) is the charity that supports BIMHN in its work.
- Are you someone with a passion for improving mental health services and empowering those with lived experience of mental health?
- Are you willing to give about a day a month to assist in influencing the development of a young, dynamic and growing organisation?
- Do you support the principles of lived experience leadership and have a willingness to ensure this remains embedded in everything we do?
If so – we want to hear from you!
To apply to be a Trustee, please send your CV and a covering letter to trustees[@]imhn.org, by no later than Sunday 14th October 2018. For more information about being a trustee for the organisation, click here.
Get involved in improving mental health services
Do you or anyone you know have lived experience of accessing the following mental health services in the last two years:
- Assessment and Recovery service
- Crisis service
- Complex Psychological Interventions service
- Employment service
- Women’s Crisis House
Get in touch with Tom by emailing representation[@]imhn.org for an informal conversation about how you could be part of projects and initiatives to shape the services and improve mental health support.