Callington Road Hospital Bus Service
Since First bus terminated the number 36 in March 2015, and Avon and Wiltshire Partnership Trust withdrew its free bus shortly after, there has been no regular service stopping directly outside the hospital.
A number of buses stop near the site, but require users to walk along a main road and through a poorly lit wooded area, which Avon and Somerset Police has actively discouraged people to walk though in low light.
The lack of suitable transport to the site, which is a base for inpatient services, as well as the Crisis Service, Assessment and Recovery, and Complex Psychological Intervention, has affected many users, including patients, visitors and staff.
- Reinstate Callington Road Hospital bus petition
- BIMHN’s response to the West of England joint transport study survey
- Poor transport service reflects need for parity of esteem
- Have your say about Callington Road transport at open forum
- Callington Road bus service must be reinstated