October 11, 2018 at 12:16 pm
BIMHN are looking for ‘lived experience evaluators’ to contribute to the evaluation process of bids for the new IAPT service. This is the next stage of BIMHN’s involvement with the re-commissioning process. The evaluation process is anticipated to run from November 2018 to January 2019.
The National Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme began in 2008 to provide evidence-based treatments for people with anxiety and depression at a primary care (GP) level. The Five Year Forward View for Mental Health in 2015 committed to further expanding the talking therapy services and improving their access and quality.
Since July 2017, Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (BNSSG CCG) have been working towards recommissioning a single new service to provide psychological therapies across the new BNSSG area to start in 2019. This will replace each of the current services (in each county).
Interested in an Evaluator Role?
Please firstly ensure you review the role description for an evaluator.
The deadline for expressions of interest for this round is Sunday 28th October 2018.
You can express your interest in one of three ways:
- By filling out the online form here
- By emailing a completed expression of interest, including appropriate information, to representation[@]imhn.org
- By post to: c/o Glenn Townsend, BNSSG CCG, NHS South West, South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX.
This service, when re-commissioned, must have a wide reach and strong generic ability to work with a range of groups who may have particular needs and issues.
We are therefore particularly interested to hear from you if you identify with one (or more) of the following:
- have a learning disability;
- are neuro-atypical (including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder ASD and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD presentations/diagnoses);
- have dementia;
- have psychosis, bipolar disorder and/or complex needs (including those with personality disorder diagnoses);
- are older;
- are younger (including those in F/HE);
- are women experiencing mental health difficulties during pregnancy and with a child in its first year;
- have experienced domestic or sexual abuse;
- are refugees;
- are homeless;
- are misusing substances (alcohol or drugs);
- are in, or have been involved in the criminal justice system;
- are serving or formerly serving service men and women and their family members.
We look forward to hearing from you, and if you have any queries please email: representation[@]imhn.org
- Your responses will be shared with a panel made up of representatives from both IMHN and BNSSG CCG for a review and decision (with your contact information removed)
October 11, 2018 at 12:16 pm | Opportunities | No comment